Comprehensive plan has been prepared by the Makkah Secretariat to intensify municipal services.
The holy city of Makkah is gearing up to receive thousands of pilgrims intending to perform Umrah this Ramadan. The authorities of the holy city are putting facilities in place to ensure safe and smooth Ramadan. A comprehensive plan has been prepared by the Makkah Secretariat to intensify municipal services.
Arab news quoted Makkah Mayor Osama Al Bar saying,”
“The secretariat has defined the tasks and responsibilities of each department, along with continuous work of all the other central departments and sub-municipalities.”
Some of the key points of the plan include:
* Achieving quality control and safety of food products and water. More attention is being given to crowded places, markets and shopping centers especially around the Grand Mosque.
* Continues cleaning of garbage at places most frequented by pilgrims will be undertaken.
* The municipality shall put control on the vendors in the areas surrounding the Grand Mosque.
* Slaughter houses are to be monitored.
* The authorities will ensure maintenance of street lights and other municipal facilities.
* 11,825 workers will work round the clock to keep the city clean. They shall be equipped with 850 cleaning equipment.
* In order to eliminate insects and mosquitoes and prevent the spread of diseases, a number of transitional stations to collect waste within the sub-municipalities will operate along with special teams. 900 technicians and specialist in the field equipped with more than 1000 devices and spraying machine will be working in the area.
* In order to monitor commercial centres and stores selling food, field committees have been set up.
* Officials have been tasked to personally monitor the working of plan.